VinoVelo

Apart from family, what could be more important than wine and bikes? Of course, there might be the odd rant about other topics on here too...

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Pet peeve

I think I'm going to start a top ten pet peeve list (which I'll probably have to update regularly as circumstances dictate). Top of my list would be stupidity, which is really too easy so I'll use the examples as list items instead.

To kick it off, TSA rules. In today's NY Times, a Dr. Stephen J. Firestone of Minnesota tells of "A friend who is an FBI agent was permitted to carry her gun on board an airplane after showing proper identification. ... Her nail file, on the other hand, was confiscated because it could be used as a weapon."

It makes me feel so safe to fly with these geniuses from the Transportation Security Administration at the helm!