VinoVelo

Apart from family, what could be more important than wine and bikes? Of course, there might be the odd rant about other topics on here too...

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Vino in Vacanza

We've just sorted out accomodation in Italy for our trip this summer. While in Umbria for a friend's baby's christening in Peruggia, we'll be staying in Podernovo home of Castello delle Regina vino. I've been drinking my fair share of their Poggio alle Ghiande Rosso lately, so I'm keen to see the vineyards as well as the surrounding area. In addition to Peruggia and Assisi, I'm hoping we'll be able to get to the nearby Marmore Waterfall.

After a few days in Umbria, we'll be heading to Castiglioncello on the Tuscan coast to my sister-in-law's summer house - although we will be just up the road from Sassicaia.