VinoVelo

Apart from family, what could be more important than wine and bikes? Of course, there might be the odd rant about other topics on here too...

Thursday, May 19, 2005

VinoGiro

In Friulli, you'd have to have a glass of Tocai - get it now before it's name changes...

Separately, I thought I'd look back at my Giro prediction to see how it paired up with the GC half way through this year's Giro. Three of my top 5 are currently in the top 5 of the GC, but I only have Basso in the right place. Cioni is in the top 10 at least (in 8th), but Cunego is the one that makes a mockery of my prediction sitting 7.20 back in 16 position.

I guess I should have included Gonchar (or however it's spelled) but I thought that he was the surprise package of last year and not Cunego. DiLuca, meanwhile has had a phenomenal Giro to date - I hope he can continue to hang on in the hills and continue to prove me wrong!